Fortress 2 Fund Values
FORTRESS® Funds & FORTRESS® 2 Funds
Please note: The FORTRESS® Funds and FORTRESS® 2 Funds product lines were closed to new policies on April 1, 2013. While FORTRESS® products are no longer available for sale as a new policy (after March 31, 2013), current FORTRESS® Fund policyholders (prior to April 1, 2013) can continue to make contributions and transfers into existing policies. Existing FORTRESS® policyholders can track fund values and performance here.
FORTRESS® Funds (Segregated Funds) are an investment product, similar to a Mutual Fund, administered by Canadian insurance companies. They provide an opportunity to participate in the potential of the markets with a high percentage of principal protection. We offer a group of high-quality investment funds for long-term growth potential. From bond and equity funds, to international funds and money markets, FORTRESS Funds provide diversity, backed up by valuable guarantees.
Profitable Yet Flexible
FORTRESS pools your money with that of other investors. The funds are then carefully, professionally managed to maximize their potential. They are:
- Flexible – you can invest in any combination of funds you choose
- RRSP eligible
- Cost-effective – avoid set-up fees and front-end loads (management fees apply)
- Transferable – transfer money between accounts, there’s no charge for your first four transfers annually
- Easy – Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) makes for easy contributions and allows you to take advantage of “Dollar Cost Averaging”
Unlike Mutual Funds, FORTRESS and FORTRESS 2 Funds are guaranteed to return all or a portion of the premiums you’ve paid.
- 75% of all net deposits are guaranteed when your plan matures (minimum 10 years for FORTRESS and 20 years for FORTRESS 2)
- Upon your death, 100% of net contributions made prior to the policy anniversary before your 65th birthday will be paid to your beneficiary, plus 75% of subsequent net contributions
- Proceeds go directly to the beneficiary, providing immediate access to the funds. And as long as you have named a beneficiary, proceeds are not subject to probate. Registered funds bequeathed to your spouse can continue to defer income tax until received as income
FORTRESS Funds have many advantages, but there are some limitations you should understand. Ask your representative for details.
Please note: Subject to any applicable death and maturity guarantee, any part of the premium or other amount that is allocated to a segregated fund is invested at the risk of the contract holder and may increase or decrease in value according to fluctuations in the market value of the assets of the segregated fund.
Convert to Income
When you retire, you can convert your registered funds to a RRIF (Registered Retirement Income Fund) and receive regular income payments, while keeping the bulk of your retirement nest egg tax-deferred.
Effective Date: Thursday, November 25, 2021
|FORTRESS 2 Fund||Unit Value||%Change||Valuation Date|
|Canadian Bond (Indexed)||$18.86||-0.04824%||Nov 25, 2021|
|Money Market 2||$11.93||-0.00671%||Nov 25, 2021|
|International Equity (Indexed)||$20.2||0.24214%||Nov 25, 2021|
|Canadian Equity (Indexed)||$66.13||0.29164%||Nov 25, 2021|
|U.S. Equity (Indexed)||$36.11||-0.19954%||Nov 25, 2021|
|Balanced (TDQC)||$26.47||0.09946%||Nov 25, 2021|
|Canadian Equity (Core 2)||$58.97||0.31570%||Nov 25, 2021|
|Balanced (Jarislowsky)||$30.73||0.09626%||Nov 25, 2021|
|Balanced (Scheer Rowlett)||$31.17||0.08423%||Nov 25, 2021|
|Global Equity 2||$33.97||-0.02042%||Nov 25, 2021|
- 2019 FORTRESS Annual Financial Statements2019_Fortress-Annual-Financial-Statements.pdf (1 MB)
- FORTRESS Funds Information FolderFORTRESS_Funds_Information_Folder.pdf (413 KB)
- FORTRESS Fund FactsFORTRESS-Fund-Facts-04_2020.pdf (2 MB)
- FORTRESS 2 Funds Information FolderFORTRESS_2_Funds_Information_Folder.pdf (492 KB)
- FORTRESS 2 Fund FactsFORTRESS-2-Fund-Facts-04_2020.pdf (1,012 KB)