The “Experience Israel 2020 Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by FaithLife Financial. The Contest starts at 9:00 A.M. (EDT) on May 1, 2019 and closes at 11:59:59 P.M. (ET) on December 15, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win the Contest, the individual entrant must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada at the time of entry and live in either Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia and (ii) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest:
a) FaithLife Financial employees and its Financial Representatives and Brokers
b) immediate family members of FaithLife Financial’s employees, Financial Representatives and Brokers. An immediate family member is defined as husband or wife, father, mother, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters, step-children, and grandchildren
c) persons domiciled with FaithLife Financial employees, Financial Representatives and Brokers (whether related or not)
d) employees, Financial Representatives, Brokers and immediate family members of FaithLife Financial’s subsidiaries (if applicable), advertising or promotional agencies, and entities involved in the production, implementation, administration or fulfillment (“the Administrators”) of the Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are three ways to enter the Contest: (i) complete a paper ballot available at a FaithLife Financial-sponsored event (ii) enter online through FaithLife Financial’s website at faithlifefinancial.ca (iii) contact Member Services at 1-800-563-6237 to request a paper ballot to return with the required information.
Limit of one (1) contest submission per person during the Contest Period. A maximum of five (5) additional entries are available per person for opting-in to receive digital communication from FaithLife Financial. To clarify, by opting in to receive digital communication, an individual can obtain a total of six (6) entries maximum. If a person does not have an email address but would like to receive five (5) additional entries, they can call FaithLife Financial Member Services at 1-800-563-6237 to request a paper ballot be mailed to them for return to FaithLife Financial by mail along with their consent for electronic communication.
3. PRIZE: There are three (3) Grand Prizes available to be won from all valid entries received during the Contest Period. Each of the Grand Prizes awarded (the “Prize”) consists of: One (1) FULLY paid Trip to Israel* for two (2) valued at $5,250 per person including: travel, accommodations, food and tour. Estimated retail value is CAD$10,500 for each prize. *Some restrictions apply. Gratuities are not included.
Trip to Israel (arranged through Christian Journeys) includes:
Air travel: Round trip from Toronto or New York.
Hotels: David Spa Hotel, Dead Sea; Caesar Hotel, Tiberius; Grand Court Hotel Jerusalem.
Meals: Full breakfast and dinner, with tea and coffee (some hotels charge for beverages with dinner).
Transportation: Air-conditioned luxury coach service, throughout the tour.
Sightseeing: Comprehensive program, as per itinerary, including all entrance fees.
Tour Guide: Government-licensed Tour guide will accompany the group and work with the Leadership Teams to maximize the educational/spiritual benefits and enjoyment of the group.
Porterage: One large suitcase per person. Each person is responsible for their other luggage.
Embarkation package: An information package will be mailed one month prior to departure.
Air Transportation Taxes: Currently $710.
Lunches: (unless mentioned in the itinerary)
Gratuities: Equivalent to approximately USD$140.
Travel to Airport: Travel to and from the Toronto/New York airport is NOT included in the prize package.
Travel Insurance: Christian Journeys requires that you must have “out of country” emergency medical insurance equivalent to (or greater than) $250,000. Christian Journeys has many insurance policy options to offer which include cancellation and interruption coverage. Please contact their office for policy details and premiums.
Passport: Tour participants must be in possession of a valid passport not expiring before November 26, 2020. Canadian and USA passport holders do not currently require a visa for Israel.
Inoculation: Not a current requirement.
General Health: All tour members should be in sufficient good health to enjoy the tour in its entirety. Christian Journeys reserves the right to refuse participation in certain instances.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable. FaithLife Financial reserves the right in the event that the Prize or any component of the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize or component of the prize of equal or greater value, without liability.
4. AWARDING THE PRIZE:
a) Draw Date, a random draw, from all eligible online and paper entries received for the prize, will take place on or around December 15, 2019 in Waterloo, Ontario. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question and comply with the Contest Rules. The prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
b) The ballot identifies required information that must be provided. If this information is not provided, the ballot will be deemed invalid.
c) The selected entrant(s) will be notified by telephone or e-mail and must respond within five (5) business days of notification. If the entrant does not respond, they will be disqualified. FaithLife Financial will make three attempts to contact the selected entrant. FaithLife Financial is not responsible for the failure of the entrant to receive notification for any reason whatsoever, or for FaithLife Financial to receive the selected entrant’s response.
d) Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign an agreement and release confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered and (i) releasing FaithLife Financial and its directors, officers, employees and Administrators from any and all liabilities arising from participation in this Contest, and (ii) granting FaithLife Financial the unrestricted right to publish without compensation, the name and photograph of that entrant for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within five (5) business days of the notification date indicated on the document or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a) All entries become the property of FaithLife Financial upon receipt and will not be returned.
b) Any attempt to deliberately damage any website, ballot box, signage or to undermine the operation of this Contest is a violation of law and should such an attempt be made, FaithLife Financial reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
c) Entries will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, falsified, or tampered with in any way.
6. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS: By entering the Contest, entrants release FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators from any injury, loss or damage of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest, the entry and draw process or the prize awarded.
7. CONDUCT: By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules, which will be posted on the FaithLife Financial website. Entrants further agree to be bound by the draw decision, which shall be final and binding in all respects. FaithLife Financial reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any FaithLife Financial website; (b) violating the rules; or (c) acting in a manner that is unfair to other participants, or with intent to annoy or harass any other person.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: FaithLife Financial assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release document or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur. FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming used in the Contest or by any error in the processing of entries. FaithLife Financial and its Administrators assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. They are not responsible for the failure or malfunction of any computer or telephone equipment or network. FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of FaithLife Financial and its Administrators which corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, FaithLife Financial reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
9. DISPUTES OVER ENTRIES: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the individual named on the ballot, even if that person is not the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry.
10. LAWS: These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over FaithLife Financial. This Contest is intended for play in Canada and shall be construed and evaluated according to Canadian law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
11. USE BY FAITHLIFE FINANCIAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: In the course of conducting the Contest, FaithLife Financial will acquire certain personal information as submitted by persons seeking to enter the Contest. If any such person chooses to “opt-into” receiving some future electronic communications about FaithLife Financial’s products, services, and company information, such communications will be sent by FaithLife Financial to that person. A person can ask FaithLife Financial to remove their name from that electronic communications list in the manner indicated on the form. If such person declines to “opt-into” receiving further electronic communications from FaithLife Financial, then personal information shall only be used by FaithLife Financial for the purpose of conducting and administering the Contest.