Contest Rules & Privacy
Official Contest Rules
This Contest is intended only for play in Canada and shall be construed and evaluated according to Canadian law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules.
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- have reached the age of eighteen at the time of entry.
- be a Canadian resident, and live in either Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia
The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest:
- FaithLife Financial employees
- immediate family members of employees (i.e., husband or wife, father, mother, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and grandchildren
- persons domiciled with employees
- employees and immediate family members of FaithLife Financial’s subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies and entities involved in the production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (“Administrators”).
For online entries, only one entry per e-mail address for each of the Draw Dates is permitted. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
How to enter
There will be three (3) separate Draw Dates each year:
- April 21
- August 25
- December 15
For the Draw Date between January 7 to April 21, the Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on January 7 and closes at 4:00 p.m. (ET) on April 21 (the “First Entry Period”).
For the Draw Date between April 22 to August 25, the Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on April 22 and closes at 4:00 p.m. (ET) on August 25 (the “Second Entry Period”).
For the Draw Date between August 26 to December 15, the Contest beings at 9:00a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on August 26 and closes at 4:00 p.m. (ET) on December 15 (the Third Entry Period”).
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, simply complete a paper ballot available at a FaithLife Financial-sponsored event or enter through our website here.
- For each Draw Date, a random draw, from all eligible online and paper Entries received, for the prize, will take place on or around April 21, August 25 and December 15 in Waterloo, Ontario. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question and comply with the Contest Rules. The prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- The ballot identifies required information that must be provided. If this information is not provided, the ballot will be deemed invalid.
- The selected entrant(s) will be notified by telephone or e-mail and must respond within five (5) business days of notification. If the entrant does not respond, he/she will be disqualified. FaithLife Financial will make three attempts to contact the selected entrant. FaithLife Financial is not responsible for the failure of the entrant to receive notification for any reason whatsoever, or for FaithLife Financial to receive the selected entrant’s response.
- Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign an agreement and release confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered and (i) releasing FaithLife Financial and its directors, officers, employees and Administrators from any and all liabilities arising from participation in this Contest, and (ii) granting FaithLife Financial the unrestricted right to publish without compensation, the name and photograph of that entrant for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within five (5) business days of the notification date indicated on the document or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
For each Draw Date, the prize is comprised of:
- $500, to be deposited in an Investment Savings Account (ISA) with FaithLife Financial, registered as a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA), and
- the sum of $500 to be given to the winner in the form of a VISA gift card and
- the sum of $500 to be contributed to a registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice.
The prize must be accepted:
- in either Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia
- as awarded and cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash
FaithLife Financial reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of equal value should all or part of the prize become unavailable or is deemed to be unsuitable for any reason, including if the prize winner has maximized his/her contribution to a TFSA for the year. In such event, the prize winner may choose to deposit the prize into an unregistered ISA or an ISA registered as a Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP)
- All entries become the property of FaithLife Financial upon receipt and will not be returned.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website, ballot box, signage or to undermine the operation of this Contest is a violation of law and should such an attempt be made, FaithLife Financial reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
- Entries will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, falsified, or tampered with in any way.
Indemnification by participants
By entering the Contest, entrants release FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators from any injury, loss or damage of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest, the entry and draw process or the prize awarded.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be posted on the Contest website. Entrants further agree to be bound by the draw decision, which shall be final and binding in all respects. FaithLife Financial reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any FaithLife Financial website; (b) violating the rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike manner, or with intent to annoy or harass any other person.
Limitation of liability
FaithLife Financial assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release document or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur.
FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming used in the Contest or by any error in the processing of entries. FaithLife Financial and its Administrators assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. They are not responsible for the failure or malfunction of any computer or telephone equipment or network. FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of FaithLife Financial and its Administrators which corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, FaithLife Financial reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Disputes over entries
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the individual named on the ballot, even if that person is not the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry.
These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over FaithLife Financial.
- FaithLife Financial complies with Canadian federal and provincial privacy laws and regulations regarding the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). FaithLife Financial also requires all Administrators and suppliers involved in the development, implementation and fulfillment of this Contest to protect the confidentiality of all entrants’ personal information and comply with PIPEDA.
- Personal information will be protected by safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- By submitting your ballot and entering the Contest, you are granting FaithLife Financial the right to use, in any aggregate manner, any information that you supply for demographic purposes. However, your address and contact information is kept strictly confidential. By entering the contest, you are granting FaithLife Financial permission to call you, to notify you of winning, and/or to notify you of possible problems with your entry or other contact that FaithLife Financial deems necessary at its discretion.
- Contest entrants will be given the option to receive our Newsletter via email by providing your email address on the ballot. You may choose to unsubscribe (opt out) at any time and you will be removed from the mailing list within 10 business days.
- FaithLife Financial may promote this Contest on websites belonging to other Christian organizations and is not responsible for the privacy policies of those websites.