FaithLife Financial Celebrates a 45th Anniversary and Canada’s 150th Birthday!
June 30, 2017Connections
To celebrate FaithLife Financial’s 45th Anniversary, FaithLife Financial hosted a staff lunch and donated 45 items to each of the following charities we are supporting in 2017: Food Bank of Waterloo Region, oneROOF Youth Services, House of Friendship, The Working Centre, and KidsAbility.
On Canada’s 150th Birthday, we reflect on how blessed we are to be part of this great country and we are thanking God for our land that is glorious and free!
Karen Bjerland, FaithLife Financial’s President and CEO, reflects on the gifts we are thankful for on Canada’s 150th Birthday:
- Canada’s people: While we’re often razzed about apologizing too often, the generally caring, respectful and community orientation of many Canadians is something I cherish;
- The awesome beauty of this vast land – third largest in the world. From ocean to ocean to ocean, prairie to mountain, river to great lake and city to forest, the array and beauty of our landscape is simply breathtaking. How many people in the world can claim a front seat to the most spectacular light show ever – the Northern lights?
- Our freedom to travel. Canadian passports open more doors than most;
- Healthcare when we need it, regardless of our economic status;
- Great education for our kids; affordable post-secondary education;
- Canada’s multiculturalism, which enriches and strengthens the fabric of our society. We welcomed 300,000 new permanent residents in Canada in 2016 and are on track to do the same in 2017!
- International outreach from peace keeping initiatives to launching astronauts;
- Churches to teach people about God, servant-leadership and gratitude;
- Organizations like FaithLife Financial that take what the Bible teaches into the business world to help Christians be wise with money and live generously.
Yesterday, our staff gathered to celebrate Canada’s 150th!
As you celebrate with your family and friends this weekend, we pray that you do so with a sense of joy and awe for God’s boundless generosity to Canada and its citizens.
FaithLife Financial bi-annual newsletter is mailed to Members in spring and emailed in the fall. If you don’t receive Connections Newsletter but would like to receive it by email, please use the form below to subscribe or contact our Member services team at 1-800-563-6237 to update your information including a valid email address.
Do you have a suggestion for something you would like to see in Connections? Would you like to share your Member story of being wise with money on living generously? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with your Financial Representative – we’d love to hear from you!
Connections newsletter helps you stay current with the latest news and information from your FaithLife Financial community. We value your feedback! Let us know what you thought of this issue of Connections! Click here to leave comments, ask questions or suggest ideas for upcoming issues.
Subscribe to FaithLife Financial Communications