The death of both parents is a tragedy no child should have to face. Through the Orphan Benefit, FaithLife Financial provides $500 a month to support juvenile members whose parent(s)* have died, to help provide stability at this most difficult time in a child’s life. (At least one parent* must have been a FaithLife Financial full member at the time of their death.)
- Applicant is orphaned by the death of the Applicant’s last surviving parent*;
- Applicant is less than 19 years of age, and
(i) A full member of FaithLife Financial at the time of orphanhood**, or
- One parent of the Applicant was a Member of FaithLife Financial at their time of death.
Retroactive benefit payments are limited to the six-month period prior to the date of approval of this application.
FaithLife Financial has the sole right to define and determine the eligible applicant or parent* status and any interpretation of this definition made by the Society is final.
Orphan Benefit Will Cease Upon
- The Applicant ceasing to be a member of FaithLife Financial; or
- The Applicant being legally adopted by a new Parent; or
- The Applicant ceasing to attend school for any reason other than being totally and continuously disabled; or
- The marriage of the Applicant; or
- The Applicant attaining 19 years of age (except as noted below***)
*Definition of Parent » “Parent” shall mean only one of the following:
- A natural (biological) parent of a minor member who has custody of the minor member;
- An adoptive parent of a minor member who has custody of the minor member; or;
- An individual who has established parentage of the minor member by a Court Order who has custody of the minor member;
**If at the time of orphanhood the Applicant is less than 60 days of age and not a member of FaithLife Financial, the Applicant is eligible for the Orphan Benefit if the Applicant becomes a member of FaithLife Financial before the Applicants first birthday.
***If an Applicant attains the age of 19 years and on that date the Applicant is enrolled in full-time studies at an accredited secondary school or post-secondary institution and none of the events in Section B have occurred, an Applicant may apply for a continuation of the Orphan Benefit and if eligible (as determined by FaithLife Financial) the monthly benefit will continue to be paid until the earlier of: (i) the Applicant’s 23rd birthday; or, (ii) the Applicant receiving a diploma or degree from post-secondary institution; or, (iii) any of the events in Section B occurs; or, (iv) the Applicant ceases to be enrolled in full-time studies at an accredited secondary school or post-secondary institution. To apply for extended benefits, please use form #505A.
How to Apply
Contact your FaithLife Financial Representative or call our Member Services for more information.
FaithLife Financial’s benefits and programs are not contractual. They are subject to change and maximum funding limits.
- Who We Are
- Financial Strength
- Career Opportunities
- Unique Benefits
At FaithLife Financial, you’re part of something bigger than yourself. As a member, you’ll get sound financial guidance, exclusive offers and ways to connect with others. As a Benefit Member of FaithLife Financial, you are eligible for the following benefits: